One of our favorite food trends of the last few years is the transformation of cauliflower into the ultimate substitute for carbs. Pizza crust, gnocchi, rice – you name it and you can find it on the shelf. We are fully on board with this movement and have used cauliflower rice as the base ingredient for this week’s recipe. Our semi-homemade creamy cauliflower chicken bowls take items that you can find at pretty much any grocery (riced cauliflower, pre-shredded kale and chicken sausage) and combines these ingredients through a quick cook to make an easy and healthy dinner. This recipe makes GREAT leftovers or can be used to meal prep for the week. Just cool the ingredients after cooking and reheat in the microwave when you’re ready to eat.
Semi-Homemade Creamy Cauliflower Rice Chicken Bowls
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb riced cauliflower (we used fresh but you can easily use frozen too)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups pre-shredded kale
- 1 package (12-16 oz) pre-cooked chicken sausage links, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, add the butter, cream cheese and milk over medium heat. Stir until the cream cheese is melted into the milk. Add the cauliflower rice and cook on low for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook the kale for 5 minutes until it is reduced. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Re-use the same pan you used to cook the kale, and saute the chicken sausage on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned on both sides. You don’t need to clean the pan between use. Let the chicken sausage soak up any extra garlic and oil while it browns. 4. Put it all together by adding the creamy cauliflower rice to the base of your bowl. Top with the garlicky greens and chicken sausage and enjoy!