This salad qualifies as a “mostly homemade” recipe instead of semi-homemade recipe, it is that easy. Who says cooking needs to be hard?! Simple is the theme with this salad and boy is it delicious. With just a little chopping and mixing you can have a healthy, nutritious, and tasty salad within 15 minutes. We love this recipe for a quick workday lunch with chicken but this it easily be altered to be an appetizer or side dish by removing the protein. Like all of our recipes, mix and match ingredients that you have on hand to make this recipe work for you.
Semi-Homemade Pesto Chicken Caprese Salad
Makes: 4 side dish servings; 2 main course servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 package of grape tomatoes
- 1 package Ciliegine mozzarella (small mozzarella balls)
- 4 tbs pesto
- 1 rotisserie chicken or package of pre-cooked chicken, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cucumber and half the grape tomatoes and place in a bowl.
- Add the mozzarella (be sure to drain) and pesto in a bowl. Gently mix until the pesto is evenly distributed among the ingredients, without wrecking the tomatoes.
- Top with the chicken (if using) and season with salt and pepper to taste. That’s it. So simple, so easy, and so good!