We buy bok choy all of the time to pair with our favorite Asian recipes like Mapo Tofu and our Steamed Mushroom Buns. Some of the dishes we make are admittedly heavy and need a veggie side kick to balance things out. We usually sauté bok choy on high heat with a bunch of garlic, but now that the weather is getting warmer we decided to mix things up and serve it raw. Bok choy is a leafy green and is a great crunchy substitute for lettuce in a salad. Use this recipe as a “fridge clean out recipe” and toss in any veggies you have on hand. Bell peppers, avocado, and diced mushrooms would all make great additions to bulk the salad up.
Bok Choy Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette
Makes: 4 servings (side salad)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 baby bok choy, stems removed and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a small mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.