You probably know by now that we love cooking on the grill during the summer. We love versatile entrees that we can mix and match with other menu items, and these lemon chicken kabobs are a great addition to any cooking routine. We go back to this recipe over and over because it ticks all of the boxes: light and healthy, quick and easy, and the skewers pair well with nearly everything! You can serve them with a big salad (as pictured), pasta, or even barbecue side dishes. To make dinner even easier, we marinate the skewers the day before we plan to cook them so that we can just throw them on the grill and have dinner on the table in 20 minutes.
Lemon Chicken Kabobs
Zesty lemon chicken kabobs cooked on the grill for a quick and easy summer entrée.
- kabob skewers
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 1.75 lbs)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine the marinade ingredients (lemon – black pepper) in a large mixing bowl. Dice the chicken into large, bite sized pieces. Add the chicken to the marinade, toss well to coat the chicken, cover, and place in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to 500 degrees.
- Ten minutes before you want to start cooking, soak kabob sticks (if you are using wood kabobs) in a bowl of water. After the kabobs have soaked for 10 minutes, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and evenly divide the chicken amongst the kabobs.
- Put the kabobs on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken juices run clear. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.