We have a bone to pick with coleslaw. Here’s the deal. We love coleslaw. It’s crunchy, cold and is a really a good condiment/side dish for a lot of different sandwiches. The problem that we have found is that it is often prepared too sweet for us to enjoy. Raisins in coleslaw? No thank you. Not to mention recipes are full of calories between the mayonnaise and sugar. This recipe is filled with all of the flavor but packs a punch of tang by swapping some mayonnaise for Greek yogurt and uses our favorite, Everything Bagel Seasoning, to liven it up. We served this on top of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and found it to perfectly balance the sweetness of the BBQ sauce while providing a cooling and crunchy element.
Everything Bagel Coleslaw
Makes: 8 side servings
Active Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (we used 1 bag of green cabbage and 1 bag of green and red cabbage)
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 up fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all of ingredients except the cabbage in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. (We like to use the bowl that I we are serving in to keep used dishes to a minimum.)
- Add the cabbage mix and toss together to evenly coat the cabbage.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve cold with sandwiches, hot dogs, or as a side dish for a BBQ or picnic!