When we are eating tacos or burgers, we love adding a crispy, cold coleslaw as a topping. Coleslaw brings such a nice crunch to these dishes and can be made advance if you are bringing it to an event or serving it for a group. While we love ourselves a traditional, creamy coleslaw, we have decided to mix this recipe up a bit by keeping it dairy free and adding some heat. This particular slaw is seasoned with a blend of Mexican spices and chilis, making it a bit tangy and spicy. We love to use this recipe with fish tacos (recipe coming next week!) or a southwest burger.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Adobo all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbs honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups pre-shredded cabbage mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the ingredients (apple cider through honey) in a small bowl and whisk until the honey is completely dissolved. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pre-shredded cabbage mix and carrots and toss with the dressing. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving or store in refrigerator overnight.