All puns for the Golden Globes aside, we LOVE this guacamole recipe. It is the recipe that Tate’s mom has used for years, and as a result is the go-to guacamole recipe for everyone that tastes it. There is nothing sneaky about this recipe- it is just the perfect blend of all of the essential ingredients.
Makes: 6 appetizer servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 large, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice (ideally from fresh limes)
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 serrano chili, stem and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the garlic, red onion, jalapeno, serrano, and cilantro in a small food processor. Pulse until all of the components are minced. Add to a medium-sized bowl. If you do not have a food processor available, finely chop these ingredients and be careful not to touch your eyes after chopping!
- Cut the avocados around the middle with a good knife. Split in half and stab the pit with your knife to remove it. Use a spoon to scrape out the avocado from the skin and into the bowl. Immediately add the lime juice to the avocados to prevent browning.
- Use a potato masher to break down the avocados. We like our guacamole on the chunky side, but mash until all of the ingredients are incorporated and the texture you desire. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep covered and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips and mixed vegetables for dipping.