We recently visited family in New York and were over served with delicious Italian food all week long. Our favorite kind of vacation. Kidd’s side of the family is well known for cooking up many specialty Italian dishes and we spent the week being spoiled with meal after meal of our favorite dishes. With grilling season on its way, we thought we would take some of the classic Italian ingredients we love – salami, pepperoni, and mozzarella – and combine them into a big bowl of pasta salad. This pasta salad is hearty, indulgent and everything you want in a savory side dish. It’s perfect to serve in the summer for a cookout or as a main dish for family dinner.
Antipasto Pasta Salad
All of our favorite classic Italian ingredients combined to make a perfect pasta salad.
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 lb salami, sausage style
- 1 lb pepperoni, sausage style
- 1 can black olives
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the pasta salad ingredients. Chop the remaining ingredients (salami through mozzarella) into bite sized pieces. Place the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, toss the warm pasta with the pasta salad ingredients. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with fresh parsley. You can serve this pasta salad warm or refrigerate it if you are making it in advance. Bring it back to room temperature before serving.