We love Thanksgiving leftovers as much as the next person, but we find that half the fun of eating all the leftovers is creating new recipes to “reinvent” what we have in the refrigerator. Last year, we cured our Thanksgiving hangovers with an epic leftover breakfast. Knowing that this year is going to be more low key than other years, we decided to go a more traditional route with these leftover turkey sandwiches. We love the mix of the cranberry sauce and barbecue- a combination that might sound a little funky but is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet. We added lots of arugula for a nice peppery freshness and onion for a little zip. The result is the perfect turkey sandwich, and a great way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers!
Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
One of our favorite way to reinvent and use up all of those Thanksgiving leftovers!
- 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 lb leftover turkey, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup leftover gravy
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 4 thick sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 heaping cup arugula
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the gravy, turkey, and 2 tbs water in a skillet over low heat, just until the turkey is heated through.
- Mix the bbq sauce and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
- Assemble each sandwich by spreading the bbq mayo on one piece of sourdough and cranberry sauce on the other. Layer 1/4 lb turkey, a slice of cheddar, arugula, and red onion onto each sandwich. Serve immediately.
One thought on “Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Sandwiches”
Pingback: 30 Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Menu | TUCK & TATE