If your family is like ours, when you are serving dinner for 15 people, you cook for 25 in fear that you won’t have enough food. Because of this anxiety we end up with a ridiculous amount of leftovers. Thanksgiving is no exception to this rule, leaving us with an abundance of biscuits and leftover gravy. If your family is also like ours, you may have had an extra glass of wine at dinner or post-feast night cap. If you are feeling the burn this morning, we have you covered. By adding just a few additional ingredients to what you already have leftover, you can let the Thanksgiving feast (hangover) roll straight into breakfast with this finger-licking good breakfast sandwich.
Thanksgiving Hangover Breakfast Sandwiches
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups leftover buttermilk gravy
- 4 leftover buttermilk biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 1 lb breakfast or Italian sausage
- Remove the sausage from the casing (if needed) and cook over the stove top until cooked through.
- Add the leftover gravy to the sausage and heat until bubbling. If the gravy has thickened overnight, this is okay. The heat from the pan will help to thin it out, or use a tablespoon of water if necessary.
- While the gravy is heating, heat another pan to medium heat. Cook the eggs over-easy one at a time. If you prefer scrambled or another type of cook, let your creative juices flow.
- Heat the biscuits by placing a damp paper towel over them.Microwave for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Serve by placing half the biscuit on the plate. Add 1/2 cup of the sausage and gravy mixture and top with the egg and other half of the biscuit. Serve immediately.