When we go out to dinner, one of our favorite salads to order is the classic wedge salad. We love the simplicity of this salad and used it as inspiration for a weekday lunch. This salad uses pre-marinated steak that we found at Trader Joe’s. This is a huge win for both flavor and time savings. A quick grill and chop on a few items and you have yourself a restaurant quality lunch in less than 30 minutes.
Semi-Homemade Southwestern Steak “Wedge” Salad
Makes: 4 side dish servings; 2 main course servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 package, marinated flank steak
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Preheat your grill or stove-top to high.
- While the grill is heating, prepare the salad ingredients by chopping the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber into bite sized pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
- Place the corn and the steak on the grill. Grill the steak on high for 3-4 minutes per side. While the steak is cooking, rotate the corn to get char marks on all sides. Remove everything from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the husk and set into the bowl. Toss all of the ingredients with blue cheese (or another dressing of your choice).
- Top with sliced flank steak and enjoy!