We are still on the smoothie train and love having a little something sweet to look forward to in the morning when it’s time for breakfast. This Almond Butter & Berry Smoothie is one of our favorites. We blend a mix of chia seeds and flax seeds into the smoothie which makes it thick and gives it the smoothie a great texture. It is packed with antioxidants, protein, and fiber- the perfect way to start the morning!
Almond Butter Berry Smoothie
Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbs flax seeds
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 heaping tbs almond butter (peanut butter is fine too)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- granola, for topping (optional)
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients (frozen berries – almond milk) in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with a few spoonfuls of granola, if you wish, for serving. Enjoy immediately.