We have been trying to incorporate more fish into our dinner menus lately. If you have people that aren’t into fish, the key to making it a winning dish is to up your sauce game. Mahi mahi is a white fish that is very mild in flavor; it will take on nearly any flavor profile you throw at it. To keep things fresh and vibrant for spring and summer we use this lemon herb sauce. This sauce is a great accompaniment to the fish but also is great for chicken kabobs, shrimp, or grilled veggies. We like to make extra and keep it in the fridge to use throughout the week (eat with a spoon). We served this mahi mahi with white rice and grilled asparagus for the perfect healthy spring dinner.
Grilled Mahi Mahi with Lemon Herb Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 fillets mahi mahi
- 2 lemons- zest and juice
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh herbs and stems- we used cilantro and parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare the mahi mahi by seasoning it with the 2 tbs olive oil and salt and pepper. We prefer to grill our fish on top of foil on the grill to prevent sticking- if you prefer to cook directly on the grill make sure the grill is very clean! Grill the fish for 5 minutes per side, 10 minutes total, or until the mahi is opaque all the way through.
- While the fish is cooking make the lemon herb sauce. Combine the lemon zest and juice, fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until completely blended, adding as much as 2 tbs water if necessary. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the fish over rice with lots of lemon herb sauce.