There is nothing more classic than a good stuffed jalapeno when it comes time to sit down and watch some football. We love spicy food at Tuck & Tate and knew we wanted to put our spin on this football favorite when creating this year’s Super Bowl Menu. Our popper recipe mimics the best of a Philly cheesesteak, minus the steak. Homemade provolone cheese sauce and sauted peppers and onions give a great balance to the spicy jalapeno pepper.
Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Makes: 12 large jalapeños
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 12 jalapenos
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz provolone cheese
- 3 tbs flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stems off of each of the jalapeños. Carefully use a knife to scrape out the seeds and the pith from each of the peppers. Rinse each pepper under water to help remove the seeds and set the peppers aside.
- Heat a medium soup pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pot and add the peppers and onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions start to become translucent. Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add the milk and cheese to the onion mix, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted. Add the flour to the mix, whisking well until combined. Heat the sauce until it starts to simmer. Stir well and remove from the heat. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to carefully fill each of the jalapeños with the cheese sauce. If you have a jalapeno grill pan, use the pan to slot each of the jalapenos. If you don’t have this type of pan, using a muffin tin and a bit of tin foil to buffer the peppers works fine as well.
- Place all of the peppers in whatever cooking pan you have and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the peppers set for 5 minutes before serving.
2 thoughts on “Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers”
Pingback: Superbowl 2020 Menu | TUCK & TATE
Pingback: 23 Recipes For Your Super Bowl Sunday | TUCK & TATE