We know that this point in the holiday season can feel like a revolving door of guests and family coming over. There is a constant struggle of wanting to be the hostess with the mostest and also relaxing during the holidays. To help our cause we stock up on lots of snacks so that we can throw together an appetizer board in just a few minutes. We love this whipped feta platter because it turns something ordinary into something much more extraordinary that really impresses your guests. Instead of a quick trip to the grocery to purchase the standard box of veggies and ranch, a trip through the produce section will give you the ingredients for this Martha Stewart-on-steroids Whipped Feta & Vegetable Platter.
Making a Martha-esque veggie platter means expanding your horizons in the produce section of your grocery store. Instead of celery, opt for endive and asparagus. Instead of baby carrots, choose the longer rainbow variety to give your veggie platter some color. When making any type of appetizer board or platter, we always try to choose a variety of colors, textures, and tastes. This way there is something on the board for everyone. To compliment this array of veggies, we have made a Whipped Feta Dip with lots of fresh herbs. The feta gives the dip a nice punch of salt, Greek yogurt adds a nice tang, and the fresh herbs make it feel like summer even in the coolest of winter days.
Whipped Feta Dip and Vegetable Platter
Serving Size: 8-10 appetizer servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for the Feta Dip :
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed fresh herbs, finely chopped (we used dill, rosemary & chives)
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Vegetable Platter :
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch of radishes, rinsed and quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut into spears
- 1 package rainbow carrots, stems trimmed and peeled
- 2 bunches endive, leaves removed
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, sliced on the diagonal to make spears
- 1 small bunch of cauliflower
- 1 package green onions, ends trimmed and outer layer removed
- To make the dip, put the feta in a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the feta until it starts to become fluffy- three to four minutes. Add the Greek yogurt and continue to mix. If the mixture is still dry (this will depend on the type of feta you buy) add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is smooth and has a thick, dip-like consistency. Add the fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Be aware the feta is very salty, so add the salt sparingly until you get the taste you want to achieve. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The reason this recipe has a 30 minute prep time, even though the dip takes 5 minutes or less to make, is so that you take the time to prep the vegetables. Wash everything thoroughly and pat dry before assembling on a platter. You can mix and match the veggies we have used in this platter or use up whatever you have in your refrigerator! Just be sure to choose a variety of colors and textures.
One thought on “Whipped Feta & Vegetable Platter”
Pingback: 30 Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Menu | TUCK & TATE