This salad has been in the Tuck & Tate family for quite a few years now. Tate’s mom had a version of it at a restaurant in Connecticut and immediately shared it among the family for everyone to recreate. It’s just a few simple ingredients, but man is this salad good. We love it for a lot of reasons, but the first is that it holds very well. You can easily make it ahead of time and even eat leftovers the next day. We have chosen to put it in our Hanukkah menu because we all need some crunch and greens in our lives to balance out decadent dishes like lamb chops and latkes.
Kale Salad: Winter Edition
Makes: 4 servings (as a side salad)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 cups kale green, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raw quinoa
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium sauce pot. Add the quinoa and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- While the quinoa is cooking, rehydrate the cranberries by placing them in a microwave safe dish. Cover the cranberries with water and microwave for two minutes. Drain the excess water.
- Make the dressing. Whisk the olive oil and and balsamic vinegar together.
One thought on “Kale Salad: Winter Edition”
Pingback: 30 Recipes For Your Thanksgiving Menu | TUCK & TATE