As we head into fall, apple dishes start to take the main stage. While most apple recipes are dessert recipes, we love this salad because it’s a tart, nutty, and just a bit sweet. By combining just a handful of ingredients, this dish comes alive and is always one of the most asked about recipes when it’s on the table. It takes just a few minutes to do the chopping and is a great addition to any dinner you have this fall.
Apple & Manchego Salad
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 granny smith apples, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 4 oz manchego cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 large green onions, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut the apples into a juilienne cut, or into matchstick sized pieces.
- Place the apples in a serving dish and toss with the lemon juice immediately to keep the apples from browning.
- Add the cheese and green onions to the bowl. Add the olive oil and toss so that all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve chilled to room temperature.