We love turkey burgers and during these hot summer months, count them as one of our go-to lunch and dinner recipes. One of the problems we have had with turkey burgers in the past is that the meat itself tends to dry out really quickly, particularly on the grill. To combat this we have made a meat blend of ground turkey and chicken sausage. The chicken sausage adds additional fat to the meat mixture which helps retain the juiciness that we crave! We topped these burgers with our Everything Bagel Coleslaw, but you can easily swap and add your favorite toppings.
Spicy Turkey Burgers
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb spicy Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 6 hamburger buns
- Everything Bagel Coleslaw, prepared from recipe here
- Combine the turkey, chicken sausage and green chiles in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands or a spoon, mix the meat and chiles together until everything is thoroughly combined. Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- With your grill set to high, grill the turkey burgers until the meat is cooked completely through – about 6 minutes per side. Add the hamburger buns to the grill to toast up with about 1-2 minutes remaining on the burgers.
- Serve immediately topped with a hearty scoop of coleslaw and add any additional burger toppings of your choice!