We LOVE watching the Olympics and can’t wait for the opening ceremonies to kick off the long anticipated summer games. This year is particularly special for us because our Chief Tasting Officer, husband, brother-in-law and uncle extraordinaire Ryan is competing in baseball for team Israel. We were crushed that due to COVID fans couldn’t attend this year, so we are doing everything we can to make the games special from home. We are kicking things off with this Olympic themed appetizer board, which is a great appetizer/snack board for the Opening Ceremonies tonight!
We have used the Olympic rings as our inspiration for this board and had a fun time scouring the grocery store for black, red, blue, yellow and green foods. This board combines everything we love about sweet and savory snacks and can be put together quickly to share with family and friends. As with any of our board recipes, swap with your favorite foods and use what you have already! Our suggestion is to stick to white and neutral “background” foods so that the colors of the rings stand out on the board.
Olympic Themed Appetizer Board
We are celebrating the Olympic opening ceremonies in style with this fun snack board!
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 heaping cup broccoli, cut into small segments
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- white cheese of your choice, cut into cubes
- 1 package of your favorite nuts- we love the Trader Joe’s rosemary marcona almonds
- 2 dips, ideally white in color to help the rings stand out
- crackers for dipping
- Chop the bell pepper and broccoli. Start to arrange the rings on the board in the style of the olympic rings. This will take some patience as you have to rearrange the ingredients so that the rings are intersecting. When they are loosely assembled, start to add the other ingredients.
- Pour the dips into two ramekins and place the ramekins in two of the ring centers. Fill two of the other rings with the white cheese cubes and the third with the marcona almonds. Adjust the rings as necessary and surround the rings with crackers. Serve immediately.