The great sandwich debate is open in our homes recently. Some of us love sandwiches and others, not so much. The one thing we can agree upon is that everyone in our homes loves some sort of buffalo chicken. We set to find a happy medium with this buffalo fried chicken sandwich. We have infused this sandwich with spice, it’s everywhere from the buffalo infused egg wash to the breading of the chicken to the jalapeno ranch dressing. The result is a finger licking good sandwich that is everyone in the family can enjoy.
Buffalo Fried Chicken Sandwich
A spicy buffalo chicken sandwich perfect for a summer time dinner or game day entrée.
Spicy Ranch Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced (if you prefer less spicy, ditch the seeds – more spicy? do a full jalapeno)
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch tenders
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups buffalo sauce (we used Blonde Beard’s Chicken and Waffles)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 brioche buns
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- iceberg lettuce, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- Make the spicy ranch dressing. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients (yogurt, seasoning, jalapeno and cucumber). Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your breading workstation. Use three separate shallow bowls and fill them with the flour, eggs and bread crumbs – separately. Scramble the eggs with 2 tbs buffalo sauce. Season each of the three bowls with salt and pepper.
- Use one hand for dry ingredients and one hand for wet ingredients and place one chicken tender in flour, egg mixture and bread crumbs in that order. Make sure the tender is fully covered in each ingredient before moving it on to the next step. Once the chicken tender is coated with bread crumbs, set aside. Repeat until all chicken tenders are breaded.
- In a 2″ pan, heat the canola oil until it is very hot. You will know it is ready if you put a splash of water from your hand it immediate sizzles. Once hot, add the chicken tenders and fry for 4 minutes on each side. The chicken tenders should become crispy and golden. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to allow the grease to drain.
- When all chicken tenders have been cooked, place the chicken tenders in a bowl and toss with the remaining buffalo sauce until the chicken tenders are thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a generous amount of the spicy ranch dressing on the top bun. Layer a few pieces of the chicken, lettuce and onion on the bottom bun. Add additional hot sauce as desired. Serve immediately.