We have implemented a “Steak Saturday” tradition during quarantine. We like to fancy it up a bit on the weekends and celebrate our Tuck & Tate “move in” quarantine anniversary each Saturday – we are approaching week 8 together! We try to mix up our side dishes and this week experimented with Miso Green Beans. We love the unctuousness of this side dish. The miso and soy sauce give the green beans a rich, salty delicious flavor and when cooked down, make the green beans sticky and finger licking good. We have perfected the reverse sear method for cooking our steak. For details, see our Instagram highlight here!
Sticky Miso Green Beans
Makes: 4 large side servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total: 20 minutes
- 24 oz fresh green beans (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs miso paste
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Trim the ends of the green beans so the stems are removed.
- In a pan set to medium heat, add the butter and olive oil.
- Stir until the butter is melted. Add the miso paste and green beans. Saute the green beans until the miso paste is melted and fully incorporated. Around 7 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and chili flakes (if you like spice!) and saute for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.