This is a simple recipe to up your side dish game. When we get overwhelmed in the kitchen, the first thing that falls by the wayside are the side dishes. We love this recipe because once the potatoes are in the oven, you can forget about them for 40 minutes and focus your attention on the rest of your meal. This might seem like a crazy long time in the oven, but in that time the outside of the potatoes get really crispy, the inside become creamy, and the fresh herbs fry up for an amazing aroma when you pull them out of the oven. Serve this with our Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri or our Lemon Chicken with Olives and Artichokes for a knock out dinner menu.
Herby Roasted Potatoes
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed fresh herbs- rosemary, dill, thyme, sage, or all of the above
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and lay on a cookie sheet. Add the herbs to the cookie sheet. Drizzle with the oil and use your hands to coat everything very well. Season the potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on a center rack. After the first 20 minutes, use a spatula to detach any potatoes that are stuck to the cookie sheet. Give everything a good stir and put back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes have finished cooking, break up the crispy herbs with your spatula and serve immediately.