The cocktail for our Golden Globes 2020 Menu is in honor of this year’s Carol Burnett Award winner: Ellen Degeneres. While Mellen Degeneres Margaritas aren’t exactly seasonal for January, they were a perfect fit for our menu because Ellen loves herself some tequila. If you can’t find good watermelon this time of the year, check the beverage section of your grocery store for bottled watermelon juice. We love these cocktails because they can be made in advance and poured for your guests when they arrive.
Watermelon Margaritas (WatermEllen Degeneres Margaritas)
Makes: 8 cocktails
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
- 24 oz (3 cups) watermelon juice or watermelon, cubed
- 16 oz (2 cups) tequila- we used Don Julio
- 4 oz cointreau
- 4 limes, separated
- sea salt for a rim on the glass, optional
- If you are using fresh watermelon, cut the watermelon into large chunks. Place a fine sieve over a large mixing bowl and grate the watermelon to strain out the juice. Pour the juice into a large serving pitcher.
- Add the tequila, cointreau, and juice of three of the limes to the watermelon juice. Stir well to combine.
- Serve chilled in margarita glasses with a bit of salt on the rim if you like and a slice of lime.