f you are the type of person who likes to entertain or have people over for dinner often, it’s nice to have a catalog of “go to” recipes in your back pocket. These are recipes that pair well with most dinner options and are easy to prepare, like our Fall Kale Salad. If you don’t have a dish like this already in your repertoire, this roasted cauliflower should be bookmarked asap. It pairs well with so many dishes: anything Italian, roasted chicken, fish, seafood, even steak…. your options are far and wide. It takes just a few ingredients in the oven to make this cauliflower go from something ordinary to something pretty special.
Lemon and Caper Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 4 side servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Lemon Caper Dressing:
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbs capers
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the stem and leaves from the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower florets into large, bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the lemon caper dressing. Whisk together all of the ingredients (lemon zest – salt and pepper) in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven, toss with dressing and place the cauliflower back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm, with parsley for garnish if desired.