Substituting chicken for cauliflower is one of those swaps that, when done right, makes you forget the original. Don’t get us wrong, we are not trying to pretend that we don’t love good chicken wings, but when we need a healthier swap, we turn to cauliflower. This recipe is super simple and can be used in a ton of different ways. You can serve the cauliflower as an appetizer with ranch or blue cheese dip, put it in a wrap or tacos as a substitute for protein, or on top of a salad.
Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower or 16 oz cauliflower florets
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup of hot sauce (we used Franks)
- ranch or blue cheese for dipping, optional
- If you did not buy prepackaged cauliflower, prepare the cauliflower by removing the stem and cutting the florets into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter and stir in the hot sauce. You don’t need to bring the mixture to a boil, you just want to make sure that everything is evenly blended.
- Turn the heat off and add the cauliflower. Stir until all of the cauliflower is coated with the hot sauce. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet for your air fryer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees and air fry for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is browned and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, in a wrap, on a salad or straight up!