If you know us personally, you know that we go a bit overboard for awards season. We love television and movies, and use the award shows as an excuse to make a fun and often punny themed menu for us to enjoy while we watch. This years Golden Globes is no exception. We are kicking things off for the award season with this Olive Tapenade & Whipped Goat Cheese Bruchetta. This is a perfect appetizer to make in advance so that you can have a plate ready to serve when your friends and family arrive. We love doing a homemade olive tapenade so that we can include the olives that we love the most – castelvetrano and kalamata. You can easily swap for other olives of your preference or substitute with what you have on hand. The whipped goat cheese adds a touch of creaminess and helps temper the salty tapenade for a great way to kick off the show.
Olive and Whipped Goat Cheese Bruchetta
- 8 oz castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 8 oz kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, stems removed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 french baguette
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut the baguette into one inch slides. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each side of the cut bread and place on a baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes so the bread is nice and toasted. Remove when the slices are crunchy.
- In a blender, combine the olives, olive oil, parsley and lemon juice. Blend until the olives are ground or until the consistency of the tapenade is your desired texture. If the mixture is too thick, add additional olive oil. Set the mixture aside and clean out the blender.
- In the same blender, add the goat cheese and water and blend until the goat cheese is a creamy texture. Use your judgement on the consistency and add water as needed. It should be creamy but not runny.
- Assemble. Spread a layer of the goat cheese on one side of the bread and top with a generous dollop of the olive tapenade. Serve immediately.