Happy Cyber Monday! We thought we would share some of our favorite gifts and products for your favorite foodie friends if you are still doing some shopping this holiday season. Most of our friends and family love cooking as much as we do, and for the people in our lives that don’t cook, who doesn’t love being a certified taste tester? Below is a list we have compiled of some of our favorite finds this holiday season. We are trying to shop small this year, and posted in our Instagram stories yesterday about some of our favorite small owned businesses. We have included those links below in case you missed it.
- Ina Garten – Modern Comfort Food – A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook – This is Ina Garten’s newest cookbook. There is nothing we don’t love about the Barefoot Contessa
- Milk Street – Tuesday Nights – We were gifted this cookbook from a friend and have loved every. single. recipe. This is the cookbook to help get you out of a cooking rut and mix up your everyday cooking repertoire. The recipes have a lot of Asian influences and are broken into categories like “fast, faster, and fastest” so that you aren’t in over your head when dinner needs to be on the table in a hurry. We have purchased this book several times for others as gifts and will continue to do so throughout the holiday season.
- Downtime: Deliciousness at Home: A Cookbook – this is a cookbook by Nadine Redzepi. She is the wife of Rene Redzepi, the head chef of Noma in Copenhagen, which is ranked year after year as one of the best restaurants in the world. What does a person make for dinner when your husband makes some of the best food in the world? Some pretty spectacular recipes, it turns out. This is a great gift for people who are into cooking and are willing to spend some time in the kitchen. She uses simple techniques and deluxe ingredients to give a fresh spin on “home cooking”.
Small Business and Local Favorites for Our Denver Readers
- Robin’s Bakehouse – Robin makes the best cakes and cookies in Denver, CO. She was the baker for both of our amazing rehearsal dinner and wedding cakes.
- Primrose & Poppy Bagel – If you are in the Denver Tech Center, check out Primrose & Poppy Bagel. This couple has turned quarantine into a business opportunity making fresh, steamed bagels. They are offering gift baskets over the holidays making the perfect gift for Hanukkah.
- Quantum Cream – This snack is the perfect stocking stuffer. This is freeze dried, dairy – free ice cream that eats similarly to ice cream. It is mess free for all you busy moms looking to give your kids a treat!
- Foxbloom Coffee – Coffee that is locally roasted in Seattle. There are a ton of unique options for different flavors and endless information on coffee culture and process.
- Kream Kimchi Co – Another Covid company, Kream Kimchi is bottling up the owner’s families recipe with both traditional and vegan options.
- Infinite Monkey Theorem – One of our favorite Denver based wineries. You can get wine in cans which we find to be the most jolly of stocking stuffers for your friends 21 and over.
- Craft Alley – A unique collection of craft beers that you can have shipped to your house. Not sure where to start? They offer a monthly membership which includes 4 personalized beers selections.
- Goody GetRight – Fresh baked bread and pastries delivered locally in Denver, CO. Watch this website closely as they take orders weekly and tend to sell out pretty quickly. They also sell a variety of plants which would make great gifts for your green-thumbed friends.
- Blonde Beards Buffalo – A first of its kind craft buffalo sauce. We discovered this brand at a farmers market and have been obsessed ever since. Great flavor and the perfect amount of punch. This is a great stocking stuffer for those you know who love a little heat.
While the days of traveling for the sake of good food seem like a distant memory, there are some great experiences and products that you can gift your foodie friends to help bring the best of the food world into the comforts of home.
- Goldbelly – one of our favorite food gifts to give loved ones for special occasions. Goldbelly is a food ordering service that ships delicacies from around the country. Missed out on that trip to Portland, Maine this year? You can have lobster rolls shipped to your doorstep from some of the best restaurants in New England. Craving barbecue from Kansas City? Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery in NYC? These are just a few of the gifts we have given during quarantine and they have always been a big hit. You can schedule a delivery for a fun date night in, or give a gift card so that your recipient can indulge on the date of their choosing.
- Master Class– a great gift for someone who is looking to level up their culinary skills while they are at home. Master Class brings some of the world’s best chefs into our kitchens at home for a detailed, twelve segment cooking course on the the subjects they specialize in. Some of the chefs featured include Gordon Ramsey, Thomas Keller, Dominique Ansel, and Alice Waters. They have reformatted the way that classes are purchased, which means you can gift a full year of access to the program instead of narrowing down to just one featured chef. They have new classes like wine appreciation, cocktail mixology, and even gardening, so there is something for everyone!
Gadgets, Cookware, & Home
- Uncommon Goods– a great shop for unique serving pieces, customizable items, and unique gifts. This is a great place to start shopping if you are in a rut with people on your list. They particularly have great ideas for the men in our lives, which we tend to struggle gifting. We have our eyes on their cheese boards, tea drops, and barbecue accessories for gifts we are giving this year.
- The Instant Pot – we love our Instant Pots and have used them in a number of recipes for Tuck & Tate in the past year. They go on mega sale this time of year on Amazon and are a good gift for any foodies in your life. We also suggest pairing the Instant Pot with an Instant Pot Cookbook– even an experienced cook will need some guidance getting familiar with a new cooking device, and this really helps ease the transition so that they get good results right away!
- Food52 – another go-to for some of the prettiest kitchen products on the market like these non-stick pans. Food52 has recently collaborated with Nordstrom, so if you are a cardholder there, you can pick up these products and get extra shopping points.