On mornings that the weather is unbearably hot, we love a cold coffee to shake the sleep off and get us going for the day. Lately we have been having coffee and breakfast as a two-for-one combo by adding cold brew to our morning smoothie. The combination of the coffee, almond milk, and chocolate protein powder tastes like we are having dessert for breakfast with none of the guilt!
Morning Mocha Smoothie
Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 oz cold brew coffee concentrate**
- 8 oz almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- a few ice cubes, optional
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients together in a blender. Blend until smooth. If you prefer the smoothie a little thicker, add the ice cubes and blend. Serve immediately.
** We like about 12 oz of liquid total in the smoothie. If we have leftover, refrigerated coffee, we will use 8 oz of coffee and 4 oz of almond milk as the coffee from home is not a concentrate.