As we mentioned in previous posts, we love a good homemade pizza. Our last pizza recipe was a Spring Grilled Pizza, loaded with asparagus and fresh burrata. It was deemed a “girl pizza” by Tuck & Tate’s dads. To compensate for our vegetable pizza they made this Buffalo Chicken Pizza. It would be too long to title it “Buffalo Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza” but that it what it is. This recipe isn’t going to help you achieve your swimsuit goals but it will bring you much joy. We have grilled this pizza in the photo, but included directions to bake it in the oven below as we already used the oven to bake the chicken and bacon. If you want instructions for grilling your pizza take a look at the Spring Grilled Pizza linked above.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Makes: 1 large pizza; 4+ servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 lb pre-made pizza dough
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 scallions, sliced
Directions for the Oven:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts with the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Put the chicken and bacon on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, check on the bacon to make sure it isn’t too crispy and overcooked. Make sure the chicken is cooked a full 20 minutes before removing from the oven.
- While the chicken and bacon are cooking, use the 1/4 cup flour to scatter across a clean cooking surface. Use a rolling in to roll the dough into an even pizza shape (rectangle or circle is fine). You want the dough to be about 1/2 inch thick and the diameter should be no larger than your largest cookie sheet. Carefully roll the dough onto the rolling pin and onto a cookie sheet.
- When the chicken and bacon have finished cooking, remove them from the oven and increase the temperature of the oven to 475 degrees. When the chicken is cool enough to touch, shred it into bite-sized pieces. Chop the bacon into thin strips and set aside.
- Use a brush to brush the pizza with the olive oil. This helps prevent the crust from being soggy.
- Top the pizza with the pizza toppings- first the buffalo sauce, then the cheese, shredded chicken, and bacon. We like to finish by drizzling the ranch dressing around the pizza.
- Cook the pizza for 15- 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the dough is golden brown. Top the pizza with the chopped scallions and let the pizza rest for a few minutes before slicing.