While we love a good afternoon happy hour beverage, we are admittedly not the best when it comes to making cocktails. We usually stick to our rotation of wines and beers and call it a day. We had some extra fruit laying around and decided to play bartender and mix ourselves a grown up cocktail. This cocktail has cooked raspberry syrup and is balanced it out with a zing of lemon for a refreshing afternoon treat.
Lemon Raspberry Fizz
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs sugar, separated
- 3 oz vodka
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup club soda
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the raspberries, water, and 1 tbs sugar to the pot. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the raspberries are starting to break down- about 4 minutes. Use a fork or rubber spatula to break the raspberries apart so that the juices mix. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Pour 1 tbs of sugar onto a flat plate. Dip each of the serving glass rims in water and then onto the plate to coat the rims in sugar.
- Add a few ice cubes to each glass. Strain the raspberry mix through a sieve or mesh slotted spoon to remove any seeds. Divide the raspberry juice between the two glasses.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel a few slices of zest and put them into each glass. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from half into each glass.
- Add one shot of vodka (1.5 oz) to each glass. Top with club soda and serve immediately.